We Publish Games OR Provide Just the Game Promo Services You Need!
BLACK LODGE GAMES, LLC is a young game development and publishing company. We’re looking to establish our reputation by partnering with talented RPG creators and by providing them with our marketing and publishing services at a great discount to establish our brand as a quality RPG publisher. We know not every gamedev needs a publisher, so if you wish to self-publish, but could use some help promoting your RPG, we also provide several valuable game promotion services that you can purchase individually, such as search engine optimization, press releases, campaign promotions and other game related services. These services are provided either as part of our publishing arrangement, or can be purchased individually if you’re not looking for a full service publisher for this title.
Our Publishing Services
Effectively promoting and publishing a role playing game takes just as much time, money & energy as it does to develop the game itself. For a 1 to 3 person game, this reality can be devastating, especially if the realization is made once the game is out and collecting dust due to poor marketing. Don’t let this happen to your game: partner with us and we’ll take care of it all so that you can go back to doing what you do best: making awesome RPG video games!
What we do for you as your publisher:
- PROMOTION ASSISTANCE – We promote your game so that it doesn’t get lost in the increasingly flooded indie game market.
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE – We help make sure your game ships and passes our Quality Assurance tests. We have years of experience making games in multiple languages & platforms, so we know how to help. Making a game alone is hard, so stop being a lone wolf and join our pack!
- BUSINESS ASSISTANCE – The day to day business side of creating video games can easily be an overtime job all on it’s own! Don’t let that destroy your game’s development time table! Let us handle all the paperwork, forms, & bureaucratic nightmares that come with developing for home consoles and specific PC platforms. We’ll take care of getting your games published, if you just take the time to fully create your games.
Those are the 3 main things we will provide for your game, but you’re probably interested in learning what specific things we will do for you. Here’s a more detailed overview of some of the services we provide to our developers:
- We review your game as objectively as possible and provide actionable feedback on potential issues with your game before launch. We can also help build a pool of alpha and beta testers so that your game gets full and proper testing by real players.
- We evaluate & assess your game’s current online presence, effectiveness & reach and identify areas in need of improvement.
- We develop a marketing plan individualized & designed to propel your game above the competition.
- We execute the marketing plan, which will include regular blog posts, social media updates, videos, pictures, press releases and more that we create and promote for your game.
- We will reach out to game journalists appropriate for your title and work to get you coverage in game press outlets.
- We can help you run contests and promotions to drive more consumers towards your project.
- We can help you port your game and/or publish on current-gen consoles and multiple PC platforms.
- We can help localize your game and design marketing campaigns individualized for specific international markets.
- We can launch and manage a Steam Greenlight campaign for your game, as well as Kickstarter or IndieGoGo.
- Using our vast network of industry contacts, we can also help fill virtually any game development deficit, including voice acting, 3d modeling, programming, level design and more. As your publisher, we’re here to help make sure your game is successful in all regards.
- We can develop, launch and maintain a website for your game if you do not already have one set up.
- We’re flexible and can work to scale down or up based off of your game’s specific needs. Contact us today if you have any questions.
Before contacting us to publish your game, please make sure that your game meets all of the following requirements:
- You own 100% of the rights to the game, meaning that the game is an original product that you or your company developed that only uses legally licensed content, and that does not contain any unauthorized or illegally used copyrighted work.
- You are 18 years old or older, a citizen of the United States, and authorized to enter into a business contract on behalf of yourself or the company you represent to have us publish your game.
- Your game has not previously been published in any playable format (HD remakes are the only exception to this rule.)
- Your game is a RPG or a hybrid of a RPG combined with one or more other genres.
- No DRM, no paid DLC, no F2P, no microtransactions.
- Adhere to the Gamers’ Bill of Rights: http://gamersbillofrights.com/
Submit Your RPG for Publishing
Let us know about your game! The farther along it is in development, the more interested we are! Got a playable demo for us? If your initial contact is intriguing enough, we’ll follow up with a request for a demo. We expect a retainer for our services up front, but we are open to negotiations, so don’t let that be the one thing that scares you off.
Please note that due to high volume we cannot and will not respond to all submissions. If you catch our eyes with an amazing game, you’ll hear back from us. Otherwise, don’t be discouraged, just learn, improve, and try again when your game has made significant progress.
We take submissions for RPG related games only. In addition, games we publish cannot charge for DLC in any form (DLC must always be free) and we will not publish F2P games or games that feature any type of microtransactions. Only platform DRM will be allowed (like Steamworks.) We will not publish any game that was previously released for any other platform, unless it is an HD remaster type situation.
Our Game Promo Services
If you’re not looking for a publisher, but you are looking for help promoting your game, you’ve come to the right place. The following services come standard in our Publishing Package, but you can also buy these services right now using the PayPal buttons below. Some of these services are one time purchases, and others use recurring billing for services that are performed routinely over a long period of time. Buy as little or as much as you need, and cancel anytime you want.
Game Promo Services:
SEO Services Package
Is your game just announced, starting beta, or released and ready for more players? Getting new people to discover your game can be as simple as making sure they find your game’s website or store page. Of course, one of the best ways to drive traffic to your website is to make sure that your site is ranking high in the search engines for your game’s genre and niche audience. With this service, we provide a one-time search engine optimization (SEO) campaign to help you improve your organic traffic through higher visibility on search engines.
Let one of our SEO team experts develop & execute the perfect SEO strategy for your game by ordering the SEO Services Package.
Social Media Services Weekly Package
Social media has become such an important pillar of modern life, that ignoring it as a promotional platform is not really an option if you want your game to be a success. That means actively posting and engaging with the gaming community online, which is a lot of work and man-hours. Luckily, we’re happy to post and professionally engage social media every single day on your behalf, to promote your video game, raise awareness, and ultimately to make new sales. We post on Twitter and Facebook on your behalf in a very organic way that naturally encourages interaction and avoids being red flagged as spam. This is because instead of spamming social media, we manually engage and win over fans for your game by interacting with the social media gaming communities in the natural & socially approved ways that social media was designed for.
This package is purchased automatically once a week, during which time we will promote your game 7 days a week. We will need either 60+ screenshots or a copy of your game to produce the screenshots.
Porting & Technical Services
Are you representing a publisher or developer who wants to port a game to a platform, but doesn’t have the time or the staffing to currently handle the project? If so, we may be able to help. Contact us with your specific requirements and we would be happy to provide you with a quote for our porting and other technical services. We can port to most current generation hardware and platforms.
Web Design & Hosting
Don’t have the time, energy, or experience to put together a website while at the same time developing your game? We totally understand! Luckily, we’ve got a ton of web design, development, and hosting experience from simple sites and shared hosting, all the way to corporate intranets, cloud infrastructure, dedicated servers, clusters and other enterprise level networking technologies. Contact us today with your project’s requirements and we will provide you with a free quote to get you started.