Hello world! You’ve arrived at the Press Kit for Daath Origins, which is designed to give you any and all information you may need in order to write articles about Daath Origins or to learn about the game. However, if you need more information, just contact us now:
- Developer: Black Lodge Games, LLC based out of Spokane, WA, USA.
- Release Date: Fall 2016 (Windows beta)
- Website: https://blacklodgegames.com/games/daath-origins/
- Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530536300
- Price: $14.99 USD
- Current Dev Status: Beta development
- Current Availability: Closed beta
- Target Platforms: DRM Free PC (Windows) & Steam®
- Confirmed Targets: PC (Windows)
- ESRB: Not yet rated
- Languages: English
- File-size: Installer is currently less than 3GB, although this is subject to change
- Press contact: email@example.com
Special Physical Collector’s Edition Available
To celebrate the launch of my first game, I boldly manufactured 100 Collector’s Edition of Daath Origins. Each one includes:
Take command of an interstellar starship and guide her through star systems, planets, wormholes, dimensions, alternate timelines, and more, all the while managing a crew with almost 1 million fragile human lives to protect or exploit, in this open and deep turn-based RPG. Blending unique gameplay and action sequences with classic RPG game styles, combined with a dialog and quest system where almost every single decision has a consequence, Daath Origins has multiple branches, 26 classes, and many secrets to unlock even after completion of the main quest, making it an epic first entry in the series.
Online Strategy Guide
Daath Origins Online Strategy Guide is still a work in progress, and is expected to be completed by November 2016. Nevertheless all content outlined in the strategy guide is already implemented in the current available builds.
- Crew Members
- Galaxy Map
- Your Ship, the U.S.S. Verum
Pushing RPG Maker XP to the Limit!
Featuring original graphics, sound, music, and story by a 1 person dev “team,” I aimed to push RPG Maker XP beyond the bounds of what it is typically known for. To that end, Daath Origins is designed for 1920×1080 and features modified or additional coding through out the codebase. It is only because of the extensive and helpful RPG Maker XP community that I was able to make this all possible!
- A giant galaxy to explore, broken down into 36 sectors (upgrade your hull radiation protection to access the center of the galaxy)
- Over 500 handcrafted planets to explore in space, in-orbit, on their “surface” (or just send an away team!)
- Command your away teams, level them up, and help them earn skills and attributes for better away missions
- Spatial anomalies that bend time and space, transport you across the galaxy, or even into alternate dimensions
- Your actions change how the rest of the galaxy perceives you: with good, neutral, and evil alignments
- Multiple factions to join or to destroy, with devastating consequences for the rest of the galaxy
- Promote a skilled crew member each time you level up, but don’t let them mutiny later based off of your actions
- When battling enemies, you have the ability to target specific systems such as Life Support or Main Power
- Over 75 unique quests created by the developer, with another 20+ respawning random quests for rogue-like play
- Tons of post “main quest” content, and a lore friendly New Game+ to play once you’re ready
- Epic “Ultra Bosses” and tons of hidden items and secrets for the discerning role player
- Collect and mine resources, which can be Atom Printed into weapons, armor, and items for your starship
- 26 playable classes bring divergent content, bonuses and story branches from the very start!
- Many side-quests mean that you can put off the main quest for as long as you want and still find cool stuff to do
- Each alignment has a point of no return… and it’s own special power that will drastically alter the galaxy…
You can click on each page to see the full sized image. Here are a collection of screenshots to download:
Screenshots of Daath Origins BETA 3